|Article II: ||Purpose
- To promote the study of Earth Sciences through the use of the collection,
classification, and preservation of mineral specimens (including rocks and fossils).
- To encourage others to become acquainted with the Earth Sciences through, but
not limited to educational projects, symposia, exhibitions of specimens,
cooperation with other Earth Science Societies and Federations and educational
institutions such as schools, museums and libraries.
- To promote the use of photography, as it may relate to the reproduction of
pictures for the study and display of specimens.
- To maintain educational programs within the organization compatible with these
- To promote the fellowship and understanding among members and others
interested in the various phases of Earth Science.