-------- (925) 939-6272
727 Wiget Ln..
Walnut Creek, CA 94598-4353
Barrie is active in (name of his club). He has been a cab cutter for 60 years, facet cutter for 30 years. BS and MS in geology at Cal Tech: 1947-52. PHD in mineralogy, Penn State: 1952-55. Retired, worked for USGS and the Dow Chemical Co. Taught geology in adult education 1967-2003. Sixty-five years in photography.
Demonstrations/Classes/Demo at Shows:
1 . BASIC FACET CUTTING -
- Fee: (including mileage): 1 day $25, 2 days $50, milage 25 cents/mile round trip
- Special Space or Equipment Needs: 2ft X 4 ft table space, 200 watts 120 vac power.
- Items to be supplied by Students or Clubs: Quartz or cz rough.
- Length of Demo: 7 hours / hours
- Length of Classes: 4 hours day - students should have their oun machines (or a borrowed one)
- Advance notice time (needed): 4 weeks
- Travel Limits (Area traveled): 50 mile radius of my home.
Classes/Demo at Shows:
1 . MINERAL PHOTOGRAPHY -
- Fee: (including mileage): $25 - $50
- Special Space or Equipment Needs: 110v, 300 watts.
- Items to be supplied by Students or Clubs: Camera with close up lens.
- Length of Classes/Demo at Show: 1 to 2 hours
- Advance notice time (needed): 1 month
- Travel Limits (Area traveled): 100 miles in daylight
Demonstrator's Directory, 2008